It's summer! Your diet can help you beat the summer heat. There's no escaping the Indian summer, but there are ways to keep yourself cool without AC or an icy beverage. Experimenting with nutritional summer drinks and proper food tops the list.
These healthy summer snacks are packed with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that will stave off dehydration, help your skin fight the effects of too much sun and help you stay full on your long days out in the sun.
Importance of healthy cooling snacks for the body
When summer hits, it's hard to think of anything besides vacation and ice cream. But when the heat is on, you want to keep your body cool and feel great about what you're eating. In the scorching heat of the summer when our appetite gets diminished, the healthy summer snacks help us to keep our bodies hydrated and energised.
10 best Summer Snacks to beat the heat & Stay healthy
Here are some easy-to-make, delicious snacks that'll help keep you on track.
Sol kadi (konkani kokum Drink)
- Healthy summer snacks like Sol Kadi benefits digestion and helps to keep acidity in check
- Due to the presence of antioxidants, Solkadhi boosts skin health during summers
- Sol kadi is naturally cooling in nature
- It is known to aid in weight loss by curbing appetite.
Coconut water with coconut meat.
- Coconut is a good source of several nutrients
- It is rich in antioxidants
- The top source of hydration and particularly good after long hours of exercise
- Coconut meat is high in fat and calories and moderates in carbs and protein
- Coconut meat as healthy summer snacks is rich in manganese, copper and fibre
- Aids digestion and boosts the digestive system
- Lassi is a strong source of probiotics thus one of the best summer snacks
- Removes the problem of bloating and boosts immunity
Pour 400gm of dahi into a mixer grinder and add 7 to 8 tablespoons of sugar and 1\2 teaspoon elaichi powder. Next, go to cubes of ice as you wish and grind the whole thing. Pour the lassi that is formed and garnish it.
Eggless peanut butter mousse
- It is sugar-free and low on carbs
- As healthy summer snacks, it is high in protein and deliciously vegan
Take 1 cup of heavy cream, ⅓ cup of powdered sugar, vanilla extract and whip to stiff peaks. Add natural peanut butter to the compound and gently fold until properly done. Transfer into a piping bag and then serve. Refrigerate the serving for at least two hours and garnish it with crushed peanuts.
- Keeps the body hydrated
- Helps with weight loss, has antioxidants
- Lowers blood pressure
- It supports healthy skin, bone health
Chop the cucumbers, put them in a blender jar, add fresh mint leaves and ½ cup water and turn it into a fine paste. Strain the paste and add some lemon juice. Pour in a serving glass, add some ice cubes and aerated lemon juice. Garnish it with mint leaves.
Fresh fruit and vegetable salad in Mint Dressing
- High nutrient value
- Low in calorie
- Rich in iron and minerals
Quick recipe: How to make Fresh Fruit and vegetable salad
- Combine — ¼ cup mint leaves, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp organic honey and 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Crush them coarse in a mortar.
- For the salad, you need ½ cup unpeeled apple cubes, ¾ cup orange segments, 1 cup torn lettuce,1/2 cup red capsicum cubes, and ½ cup yellow capsicum cubes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Add the dressing and toss again.
- Serve these fun summer snacks!
- Mango mousse is one the tastiest summer snacks low in calories, rich in fibre and vitamins
- Good for heart health, digestive health, vision
To make these healthy summer snacks,
- Chop the mango into two halves, take out the mango flesh
- Blend until completely smooth and put it in a bowl.
- Take cream in a separate bowl and whip it.
- Add condensed milk to cream and whip it again.
- Add mango puree in portions and mix it well.
- Pour it into a container. Garnish as you wish and serve.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, cucumber salads are indeed filling summer snacks
- It promotes hydration, antioxidants, easy to add to your diet
- Take 4 cucumbers and make super thin slices, take the slices in a bowl and add salt and mix it well. Leave the cucumber to sweat for an hour.
- Now to make the vinegar sauce, distilled vinegar ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar are required.
- Stir it well and set it aside.
- Add one sliced onion and freshly chopped dill to the cucumbers.
- Take the vinegar mixture and pour it over.
- Toss it well. Cool it for a couple of hours
- Serve it.
Kale and apple salad
- Kale and apple salad is one of the healthy summer snacks as it has a rich source of vitamin A and Vitamin C
- It is Anti-inflammatory as well, good for diabetics and the heart
To make such healthy summer snacks -
- Take Tuscan kale, pull out the Stems and chop the kale slowly into thin slices.
- Then chop half an onion as a slice.
- Then grate an apple into thin sticks.
- Mix vinegar, oil and mustard for the dressing.
- Add peppermint and salt to the chopped ingredients and add the dressing and mix thoroughly.
You can serve it any time
- High in healthy plant compounds, also aids in heart health.
- Mango smoothie is a healthy summer snacks packed with nutrients that boost immunity
- ½ Cup milk
- Mango cubes and frozen banana
- Blend until it is thick and smooth.
- Pour it into a container. Garnish and serve cold summer snacks.
It can be so hard to stay cool, especially during the summer. All these good summer snacks will keep you happy and healthy and help you to smoothly glide through the Indian summer. So Start trying out summer party snacks!!
How can I keep my body cool in summer?Water, fruit juices and iced tea are all great choices for refreshing cool liquids. Eat healthy summer snacks fruits and vegetables with high water content, such as watermelon or cucumber.
Wear more breathable clothing like white cotton clothes because they reflect light instead of absorbing it and make you feel.
What foods keep your stomach cool?Avoid spicy summer snacks and put down the alcohol. Instead, try eating ginger, probiotics/yoghurt, cumin seeds or fennel seeds; they help to cool down your body's temperature. Raita with roasted cumin and cucumbers is ideal as healthy summer snacks!
Which fruit is very cold for the body?Every fruit is high in water content, thus cold for the body. Especially, Watermelon, Cucumber, Bananas and papaya serve the purpose best!
What causes heat in the body?Spicy foods like onion, garlic, ginger, and black pepper are often known to cause heat in the body. Additionally, proteins and fats can lead to an increase in your body's temperature when consumed in excessive quantities.
Which keeps the body from overheating?You need to stay hydrated during a heatwave. Make sure to drink at least eight glasses of water per day, and consider adding in some flavoured iced tea (unsweetened) for variety.