It's finally here: the season of light, heat, and dehydration. So how do you keep your body hydrated in the summer? You experiment with different types of smoothies that are packed with juicy fruits and veggies—and you drink them every day.
I know what you're thinking: why not just drink water? Well, water is a part and parcel of life Ofcourse, but have smoothies alongside to level up the nutrition game. Level up the smoothie and make it a meal by adding summer snacks!
Here are 9 healthy smoothies that'll help keep you hydrated all summer long:
Importance of Staying Hydrated
There are many crucial reasons to drink a sufficient amount of water:
- To regulate the body temperature: the rising temperature during summer can cause you heatstroke. In this condition, body temperature can reach up to 108°F. But staying hydrated can keep you away from danger.
- Keep joints lubricated: the lubrication present in our bone joints, called synovial fluid, prevents joint friction. Water is a component of synovial fluid. So staying hydrated won't cause a lack of synovial fluids.
- Water protects joints and aids muscle building: Dehydration can reduce muscle tone.
- Deliver sufficient O² & nutrients to cells. Keep organs functioning properly: Nearly all major systems in our body depend on water to function and survive.
- Being well-hydrated also improves sleep quality, cognition, and mood.
List of 9 Healthy Green smoothie ideas to stay hydrated
Here are 9 Healthy green smoothies ideas which is full of green veggies and fruits, to keep you hydrated and nourished:
1. Kale Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is perfect for those days when your energy levels are low. With bananas, kale, honey, and milk, this is a perfect pick-me-up!
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 sliced banana
- ½ cup unsweetened milk
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
2. Spinach & Banana Power Smoothie
If you're trying to get more greens into your life, this is the perfect healthy breakfast smoothies for you. With Greek yogurt, spinach, banana, and peanuts, this recipe will give you the kick of energy you need to keep going.
- 1 medium-sized banana
- A handful of spinach(~60g)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1¼ cup unsweetened milk
- 2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
3. Keto Avocado-Spinach Smoothie
Are you trying to get more healthy fats in your diet? The avocado in green smoothies for weight loss provides a creamy texture and lots of healthy fats.
- ½ medium avocado
- ½ cup each: fresh spinach, coconut milk
- crushed ice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- low carb sweetener
4. Lemon Coconut Cleanser
The healthy smoothies for weight loss contain a light, refreshing flavour of lemon is like a breath of fresh air for your taste buds when paired with the creamy sweetness of coconut. It is full of healthy ingredients that help cleanse your body and boost your immune system.
- 1 cup each: water, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- coconut flakes, lemon slices (Optional for garnish)
5. Superfood Berry-Green Smoothie
This is one of the best green smoothies out there! It is a feast in itself — stuffed with superfoods. It is highly customizable, so feel free to experiment as much!
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clementine (peeled)
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup each: spinach, frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon each: chia seeds, flaxseed meal
- 1 scoop - vanilla protein powder
6. Quick Kale & Banana Smoothie
If you're in a rush, but still need to make sure you get some healthy greens into your day, these healthy green smoothies are a quick and easy solution! The banana in this recipe gives you a dose of potassium and vitamin B6, while the kale offers up loads of vitamin A and C—two vitamins you need to stay healthy during an Indian summer heatwave!
- 1 cup each: kale, water, pineapple (frozen), strawberry (frozen)
- 1 serving Protein Smoothie Boost (optional)
Tip: De-stem the kale to cut down its bitterness.
7. Supreme Green Smoothie
Experiment with whatever green fruits and leafy veggies you have at hand! It's a fiesta.
- 2 cups each: Baby kale, and Almond Breeze Hint of Honey almond milk
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 large kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ounces) package of frozen pineapple chunks
8. Green Detox Smoothie
Detox Green Smoothies can serve you with your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. Leafy green vegetables like spinach or kale are great sources of fibre, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, magnesium, etc.
- 2 cups each - baby spinach, baby kale
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1 cup each: almond milk, frozen sliced banana,
- 1 tablespoon each: grated fresh ginger, chia seeds, honey
9. Watermelon Refreshing Green Smoothie
Such green smoothies for weight loss are perfect for early in the morning, as they will provide you with tons of hydration and energy. They will provide vitamins C and B6, which boost immunity and reduce stress levels.
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ½ apple
1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
Spinach and Banana Power Smoothie
Rich, smooth and oh-so-satisfying. This delicious blend of banana and spinach is a perfect treat after a long day at work. Our unique blend of flavors will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Are you ready to try the power of spinach and banana?
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
Blend until smooth.
Tips for making good green smoothies
Summer is the season of lush, green produce! Energizing and full of nutrients, greens are the perfect choice to keep you cool and calm with refreshing summer drinks during these hot summer days.
Blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks: To avoid getting leafy chunks in your smoothie, blend the green leafy vegetables and the liquid base first and then add the fruits and other ingredients to get a smooth and creamy smoothie.
Ditch the ice: Instead of adding ice to the smoothies, try freezing fruits in the freezer. You can also freeze the green leafy vegetables and add the frozen fruits and veggies directly to the blender.
- Use natural sweeteners: Instead of going with processed sugar, or any artificial sweetner, add natural sweet fruits such as apple, ripe bananas and mangoes. Go healthy.
From green smoothies with an extra-special tropical vibe to a soothing, creamy beverage that's perfect for winding down after a long day—find your way of beating the heat in style.
Enjoy these healthy green smoothies ideas and keep chillin' in the heat. It's time to break out those blenders and get sipping. We have recommended these recipes keeping the thought of your proper nourishment. Hope you'll enjoy it :)
Are green smoothies good for weight loss?Green smoothies are low-calorie meals. So if you replace one of your heavy meals with a green smoothie, it can help you lose weight over time.
Do green smoothies keep you hydrated?Yes, green smoothies keep you hydrated because leafy vegetables have high water content.
What does drinking a green smoothie do?Green smoothies are rich in vitamins and chlorophyll. Alongside the refreshments, it also contains raw vegetables, raw fruits, unsalted nuts and seeds. So you are getting all the nutrition at the same time!
What is the best time to drink green smoothies?Morning time, when body allows you to absorb most of the nutrition.
What happens if you drink green smoothies every day?Green smoothies aren't made with a lot of sugar. Although the natural sugar in fruits and veggies can add up to. Still, you can drink green smoothies every day.