We all know diabetes is a condition in which your blood sugars are elevated. To manage your blood sugar levels, along with medications, many other lifestyle changes like
- Physical activities
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Healthy sleep pattern
and other lifestyle modifications are suggested. In addition to this, Diabetic shakes are also nowadays incorporated to manage your blood sugar levels.
Understanding Diabetic Shakes
Diabetic shakes are nutritious blends that are specially designed to manage your sugar levels in the blood and also to manage your weight. These shakes contain a perfect balance of carbohydrates, healthy fats, protein, fiber, minerals, vitamins, and essential nutrients that benefit you in several different ways.
Benefits of Diabetic Shakes
Diabetic shakes when chosen correctly and incorporated in the right way into your routine can benefit you in many ways. A few of these benefits include:
- Help manage your blood sugar levels with the help of chromium present in these shakes which plays a vital role in supporting insulin to regulate the blood sugar levels.
- Help you manage your weight and keep you away from that unwanted weight gain.
- Helps you keep track of your calorie intake.
- Support weight loss and better weight management. This protein and fiber-rich lend helps you to feel fuller for a longer period of time hence avoiding the unwanted calorie intake which in turn supports weight loss. Additionally, it also helps you curb your cravings.
- The vitamins along with other nutrients in diabetic shakes help reduce your fatigue and tiredness.
- Improves your bone health and also prevents or lowers the risk of osteoporosis with the help of protein, vitamins C, D, and K, calcium, magnesium, manganese, etc. present in it.
- Helps you manage your cholesterol levels and also helps reduce your cholesterol.
- Promotes healthy skin with Skin Friendly Collagen Builders like vitamins C, B2, B3, and A, biotin, selenium, zinc, and copper present in most diabetic shakes. These nutrients also support and improve your nail and hair health.
- Help strengthen your immunity with immuno-nutrients like vitamins C, D, A, B12, B6, and B9, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper.
- Helps maintain daily energy levels to keep you going.
- Support muscle building and also maintain your muscle mass.
- Super quick and easy to prepare.
Choosing the Right Diabetic Shake
Since the main purpose of diabetic shakes is to manage your blood sugar levels you must choose the diabetic shake correctly.
- Make sure you are choosing diabetic shakes that have no added sugar or any kind of hidden sugar in them.
- Check for the amount of carbohydrates in them.
- Choose diabetic shakes that are free of trans fats.
- Along with protein and fiber make sure the diabetic shake is rich in other vitamins and nutrients that can support your overall health and well-being.
- Avoid shakes that contain a lot of chemicals in them.
- Prefer diabetic shakes that have natural ingredients in them or are plant-based.
- Consult your nutritionist or your doctor to know which diabetic shake will suit you the best.
One of the good options for such a diabetic shake is the Saffola Fittify Hi Protein Diabetes Advansed Nutrition. This shake consists of a good amount of protein that meets 11% of your daily protein requirement and fiber that meets 22% of your daily fiber requirement per serve. Additionally, the Saffola Fittify Hi Protein Diabetes Advansed Nutrition is rich in various vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that benefit you in several ways.
Incorporating Diabetic Shakes into Your Routine
To get the most out of a diabetic shake, incorporating it into your routine in the right manner is the next important step after choosing the right diabetic shake. Diabetic shakes can become your breakfast or your afternoon snack. You can either use these formulas solely by mixing it in water or milk of your choice or you can add it to your favourite fruit shake or fruit blend.
Consult a nutritionist or your doctor to help you understand how to incorporate diabetic shakes into your routine.
Potential Considerations and Precautions
A few things to keep in mind when starting with diabetic shakes are:
- Always read the label – Look at the product’s nutritional value as well as for any added or hidden sugars.
- Check for ingredients that might cause allergic reactions in you.
- Check for any harmful or unhealthy ingredients like refined oils, chemical preservatives, or artificial colours.
- Make sure that your diabetic shake does not contain protein that is higher than what’s required or recommended for you.
- Maintain a healthy diet along with your diabetic shake to avoid missing the essential vitamins and nutrients that we get from our daily meals.
Diabetic shakes are good for people who are struggling with managing their sugar levels in the blood. The overall idea is to understand your bodily requirements, consider your allergies, and consult an expert to choose the right kind of product for yourself. Along with your medication and other lifestyle changes like exercising, a good sleep routine, and so on, incorporating shakes into a healthy lifestyle is a good and newer way to manage your blood sugar levels.
FAQs on Diabetic Shakes to Support a Healthy Lifestyle
Are diabetic shakes suitable for anyone with Diabetes?Diabetic shakes are suitable for anyone with diabetes as well as for ones who are trying to control their sugar levels to prevent moving into a diabetic state. One should just make sure that they are choosing the right kind of diabetic shakes taking into consideration the allergies and requirements.
Can diabetic shakes replace regular meals?Diabetic shakes can be used to replace regular meals with appropriate consultation and the right choice of shake. Normally diabetic shakes are advised to be consumed as breakfast or snacks along with regular meals.
How do diabetic shakes help manage blood sugar levels?Diabetic shakes have a restricted number of calories and no added sugar, helping to avoid unwanted spikes in sugar levels. Also, chromium present in diabetic shakes support blood regulation. Additionally, diabetic shakes help curb your cravings and keep you fuller for a longer period of time which in turn helps keep you away from binging on calories and sugary foods.
Can diabetic shakes help with weight management?Unlike our regular meals, diabetic shakes have a lesser number of calories. Additionally, these diabetic shakes are high in protein and fiber that curb your unwanted cravings, help you feel fuller for a good amount of time, and support weight management,
Are diabetic shakes a complete source of nutrition?Although diabetic shakes are nutritious and rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, they aren’t a complete source of nutrition. it’s always advised to incorporate diabetic shakes in your routine in combination with your regular meals.