What Is Edible Olive Oil?
Pure olive oil is made by pressing olives and is one of the most heart-healthy ingredients used for cooking. Olives are the traditional fruit of the Mediterranean region and have been used in cooking, soaps, medicine, as fuel for lamps, cosmetics, and more. Edible olive oil for food is available in a number of varieties such as extra virgin olive oil, police oil pomace, and more. While ripening olives change their color from black to violet and then green and the characteristic taste of the olive oil online depends on which stage the olives are at while the oil is extracted. It is a widely used ingredient that has been popular since ancient times.
What Are the Benefits of Using Olive Oil for Cooking?
Here are the several benefits of using edible olive oil for cooking:
- It is rich in monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid (1). These are considerably resistant to high heat and are considered a healthy choice for cooking.
- Extra virgin olive oil is the best olive oil, is highly nutritious, and contains a number of antioxidants. These fight inflammation and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Oleocanthal is one such antioxidant in olive oil that is believed to reduce inflammation and the risk of diseases such as cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and obesity.
- Stories have shown that people who consume olive oil are at a lower risk of suffering strokes. This is because olive oil is one of the only healthy sources of monounsaturated fats, which are associated with a reduced risk of stroke and heart disease.
How to Choose the Pure Olive Oil Online for You?
You will find many versions of olive oil online, but you must carefully choose the best and pure olive oil in India for you with the help of some principles:
- Original: Good quality extra virgin olive oil for food is one that is pressed, and packaged in a single country.
- Cold-pressed: Cold-pressed olive oil is better because it does not destroy the natural aroma and delicate flavor of olives.
- Don't let olive oil pass its expiry date and check the pressing date or sell by date before buying because olive oil does not age that well.
How to Use Olive Oil for Cooking?
Pure olive oil is not just ideal for cooking hot meals but is also good for adding to uncooked or raw dishes.
- It balances the acidity of foods like tomatoes, vinegar, and lemon juice, so it can easily be added to salads or mixed into salad dressings.
- While marinating meat, fish, or chicken, you can use edible olive oil for cooking as it penetrates well into the first few layers of the meat.
- You can use it in different sauces and even drizzle it over cooked pasta
- Add it at the end of cooking for a nice burst of flavour.
- Make healthy mashed potatoes by replacing the butter with olive oil.
- Olive oil is a good choice for making heart-healthy dips by blending it with white beans and garlic in a processor.
Different Types of Olive Oil Online Available at Fittify?
Saffola Aura Olive Oil is the best olive oil in India, thanks to its original process of manufacturing and high standards of pressing and packaging. It is a premium olive oil that is imported from Spain and has all the health benefits of pure olive oil. Rich in healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants, this olive oil will keep your heart and body healthy.
Saffola Aura Refined Olive Oil
The Saffola Aura Refined Olive Oil is extracted carefully from Spanish orchards, packaged, and imported to India. This refined edible olive oil is high in healthy fats and is best used for salads, dressings, spreads, dips, and garnishes. Being a rich source of Omega 3, it helps renew body cells, provides good cholesterol, and reduces body fat.
Saffola Aura Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The Saffola Aura Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a premium cold pressed edible olive oil imported from Spain and made using the standard methods for extracting extra virgin olive oil. This Lil has more of the natural flavor and delicate aroma of the olives as it is extracted using the cold press method. It is highly beneficial for your health as it contains healthy fats and antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and inflammation (2).
Saffola Aura Extra Light Olive Oil
The Saffola Aura Extra Light Olive Oil is made for those who do not want to compromise on the taste of their food but also want to prioritise their health. This extra light edible olive oil has a milder taste but is still abundant in healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants which maintain your health. This oil is suitable for dressings, and salads as well as for cooking and frying.
Why Choose Saffola Fittify?
Saffola Fittify is all about creating food and nutrition products that are best for your body and keep you fit for a long time. You should choose our brand because of its well-known products as well as our attention to detail and adherence to global standards in each item we process and package. Now that you have seen the amazing benefits of Saffola olive oil, you can buy olive oil online guilt-free and use it for your daily cooking.
You can also explore our wide range of nutrition products such as protein oats, green coffee, immunity booster, peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, shilajit, sugar-free peanut butter, slim meal shake, and even gummies! We make healthy food more interesting so your journey to fitness is as smooth as ever!
- Are there any side effects of drinking olive oil?
Provided you do not exceed the recommended level of consumption of olive oil, normal amounts in your everyday cooking do not lead to any side effects. Prefer to use the best olive oil which is pure and premium.
- Can we reuse the olive oil?
Pure olive oil is one of the safest to reuse because it is highly resistant to oxidative damage. You should clean and filter it through a sieve to remove other bits, but you can safely reuse it three to four times.
- Is it safe to buy Olive oil online?
It is completely safe to buy olive oil online such as the Saffola Aura Olive Oil. You can check all the specifications and ensure that it is pure and original before buying.
- What are the different uses of olive oil?
Olive oil is mainly used for cooking in India. The Saffola Olive Oil is the best olive oil in India for use in dressings, salads, garnishes, marinades, cooking, and frying.
- How to store the olive oil for better shelf life?
The best olive oil will have a longer shelf life and will not spoil in storage. But you must know the right way to store olive oil. Keep it in a cool and dry place, and avoid any heat near it.
- Difference between olive oil and refined oil?
While refined oil or vegetable oil is made from a blend of neutral oils, olive oil for food is made by pressing olives and extracting oil only from them. Refined oils usually undergo refining methods and processing.