Yoga is a beautiful way to relax your mind and body along with improving your overall well-being. When practicing yoga there are a few precautions to keep in mind in order to avoid any kind of injuries and benefit the most out of it.
Getting Started with Yoga
- Yoga is a super easy, enjoyable, and mindful way to take a step towards a better life. A few things to remember when starting with yoga are:
- Understand your thoughts and your present state.
- Notice your breathing and feel it.
- Find your strength to meditate with a relaxed mind and body.
- Learn about different types of yoga.
- Join a beginner’s yoga class.
- Start with simple breathing yoga and gradually move to other yoga poses and sequences.
- Start with yoga sessions of smaller duration for about 3-4 times a week and gradually increase the length and frequency of the sessions.
- Find a yoga buddy to make your yoga sessions fun, and help you stick to your yoga schedules.
- Aim to master yoga poses.
- Know the benefits of practicing yoga regularly.
Benefits of Yoga
The more you practice yoga the more you benefit from it. Yoga be it in any form i.e Yin Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, or any other type of yoga has various benefits:
- Helps reduce stress and manage anxiety.
- Promote weight loss.
- Helps you get in shape by toning your muscles.
- Reduces muscle tension.
- Helps you prevent and also get rid of everyday aches and pains.
- Boost your mood.
- Improves your stamina and flexibility.
- Improves your immunity.
- Promotes good sleep.
- Improves overall health and well-being.
- Helps relax your mind.
- Improves your focus and productivity at work.
- Reduces the risk of infections, diseases, and disorders.
- Improves breathing.
- Stabilize your blood pressure.
- Oxygenated your body.
3 Poses of Yoga to begin with
If you are someone who’s decided to start with yoga and take a step toward better living. Here are 2 yoga poses that you can start with:
Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
Nadi Shodhana Pranayama also known as alternate nostril breathing is a great way to balance your body. It helps you unblock your nadis and balance the yin and yang energy. Nadi Shodhana Pranayama helps you:
- Relax your mind and body.
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Slows your heartbeat.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Helps to clear your thoughts.
- Promotes better breathing.
- Lowers the risk of breathing issues and respiratory problems.
Also known as Cat-Cow. This yoga pose can help you improve your balance and posture. It is best recommended for people with back pain. It helps:
- Improve flexibility of the spine, neck, and shoulders.
- Promote the strengthening of the abdominal and hip muscles.
- Improve breathing.
- Opens your chest.
- Release the tension in the neck and upper back.
- Relaxes your mind and body.
- Improve your focus and mental stability.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Calm you down.
Balasana or Child pose is another simple yoga pose with great benefits. This pose is a great choice when it comes to the relaxation and stretching of the muscles. Practicing Child pose helps:
- Stretch your spine and muscles in that area.
- Opens your hips.
- Supports digestion.
- Reduce muscle tension in the pelvic region.
- Manage constipation
- Relieve back, neck, shoulder, and lower leg pain.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Reduces mental stress and tension.
- Supports emotional well-being.
Yoga Accessories and Props That Help
Anything that helps to extend and relax you becomes a part of your yoga accessories and props. Where non-slippery yoga mat is the basic, besides that a few others include:
- Yoga blocks
- Yoga chairs
- Yoga wheels
- Yoga straps
- Yoga blankets
- Yoga bolster
- Cushions for meditations
Incorporating Saffola FITTIFY Peanut Butter and Gummies into Yoga Practice
The right kind of nutrition has always played an integral part. With the right kind of nutrition, the benefits of yoga just get enhanced. Two such nutritious options include:
Saffola FITTIFY Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a good option to use as dips or added to your pre-workout or post-workout shakes. The Saffola FITTIFY Peanut Butter is a smooth blend of protein, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, MUFA (Monounsaturated fatty acids), PUFA (Polyunsaturated fats), vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that:
- Give your body an energy boost.
- Helps to promote weight loss and fat loss.
- Improves your bone health.
- Promotes growth of your muscle mass.
- Helps manage insulin resistance.
Saffola FITTIFY the Perfekt Gummies
Gummies are rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that are used extensively nowadays. Depending on the type of gummies you choose 2 gummies a day can:
- Improve bone health.
- Boost energy
- Promote beautiful hair, skin, and nails.
- Support weight loss.
- Boost immunity.
- Improve digestion.
- Improve eye health
- Help you sleep better.
Tips For a Successful Yoga Practice
Yoga is an art that can be learned gradually. With so many types of yoga, numerous yoga poses and variations, learning them will take patience and consistency. Be patient and consistent with your practice. Not everyone can be a fast learner.
- When practicing yoga make sure you have acceptance. Accept your body, your thoughts, and your state of mind.
- Start with simple yoga poses and slowly shift to different asanas.
- Choose a yoga style that suits you and your comfort.
- Make sure you enjoy practicing yoga.
- Build a comfortable yoga-friendly environment to practice yoga.
- Take appropriate precautions to prevent injuries or unwanted pains.
- Choose your yoga accessories and props correctly.
- Take expert advice and guidance when practicing yoga.
- Feel connected to your inner self and nature.
With discipline, consistency, and good lifestyle habits, set a mindset that supports a great beginning to the journey of learning yoga. Find the balance between your physical and mental health with yoga.
FAQs on Yoga
Can yoga help with stress and anxiety?Yoga is a great choice to manage stress and anxiety. It helps to relax your mind, control your thoughts and regulate your stress hormones in turn helping you to reduce stress and anxiety.
Is yoga suitable for beginners?With a correct mindset, positive attitude, and correct advice anyone can practice yoga even if he/she is a beginner. Remember – You will never master it if you don’t begin to learn it.
What should I wear for a yoga class?Choose your clothing as per the style of yoga you wish to practice and as per your comfort eg. Yoga pants, activewear, etc.
Can yoga help with weight loss?Practicing yoga daily not only helps weight loss but also promotes fat loss and muscle toning. Yoga poses like Chaturanga Dandasana (Plank Pose), Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose), Trikonasana (Triangle pose), and Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) are a few that help you with the same.
Can yoga be practiced during pregnancy?Yoga is completely safe to practice during pregnancy if done under an expert’s supervision and a few alterations are required as per your pregnancy state. One needs to consult a doctor before practicing yoga in order to make sure the pregnancy is healthy and it does not have any complications that might worsen with exercises and yoga. Yoga during pregnancy not only benefits the mother but also the growing fetus.