With present times of unhealthy lifestyles, increasing health problems, pollution, and so on; giving importance to fitness is very important. Maintaining a work and fitness balance and incorporating fitness at work plays a vital role as it has various benefits including the success of the company/ business.
Importance of Work Fitness Management
Having a balance between work life and fitness can:
- Help improve the overall physical health of the individual. Especially the individuals with sedentary work culture; regular exercises can help improve their posture, keep them away from unwanted weight gain, strengthen their muscles, and prevent health problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
- Help manage stress at the workplace. Relaxation techniques, short workout sessions, or yoga are great ways to manage stress at work.
- Promotes better sleep, in turn helping you to focus better at work and feel fresh in the mornings.
- Helps increase productivity. Regular exercises and fitness sessions promote good health and make you feel good inside-out, therefore, leading to a lesser number of leaves and feelings of disinterest at work.
- Help you feel job satisfaction. An individual who is doing great in health has a lesser amount of stress and does not struggle to focus at work and has better job satisfaction. This also helps increase employee retention.
- Helps reduce healthcare expenses. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle means having lesser or no health problems in turn leading to lesser healthcare expenses.
With so many benefits it's important that you take the necessary steps to find Work-Fitness Balance.
A few Fitness management strategies are:
Set Realistic Goals for Work- Fitness Management
- Set Work Fitness goals that are realistic and can be met with the kind of work set-up you are in.
- Setting over-the-top goals that are difficult to achieve will only lead to disappointment and disturb the Work-Fitness balance that you are trying to achieve.
- Keep your goals flexible and raise your bar over time.
Incorporate Exercise into Your Workday
Incorporating Exercise into Your Workday is a great way to stick to your workout routines. A few simple fitness-related activities that can become a part of your workday routine include:
- Using a bicycle/riding to your workplace
- In case you are driving to your workplace, make sure you park a bit far and walk down
- Ditch the elevator or escalator and take the stairs
- Practicing simple yoga asanas at the workplace or desk exercises
- Do some stretching at your workplace to release stress and muscle tension
- Take a walk for about a few minutes after having lunch
- Try to reach 10,000 steps in a day
- Keep flexible hours to exercise during the day
Nutrition for Work Fitness
Incorporating exercises into your routine isn’t enough for healthy living. The right kind of nutrition is equally important. Along with following a balanced diet, there are 2 more nutritious options that help you take a step towards healthy living. These are Saffola Fittify the Perfekt Gummies for Daily Energy Boost and Saffola Fittify Peanut Butter.
1: Saffola Fittify the Perfekt Gummies for Daily Energy Boost
These gummies are a newer solution to fill in for nutrition gaps that are common when we have long working hours or have a super busy day.
The Saffola Fittify the Perfekt Gummies for Daily Energy Boost are:
- Plant-based vitamins that give you the energy boost you need when feeling low on energy.
- Rich in nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Zinc
- It’s a great way to fight fatigue, boost energy and regain the lost focus.
2 Gummies (for adults) are good to keep you going and fill in those nutrition gaps.
2: Saffola Fittify Peanut Butter
Peanut butter has been widely used nowadays for that extra protein boost. Peanut butter is rich in protein, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, MUFA (Monounsaturated fatty acids), PUFA (Polyunsaturated fats), vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. All these nutrients have health benefits like
- Providing the body with energy
- Improve insulin resistance
- Support weight loss and fat loss
- Support muscle mass growth
- Support bone health
Peanut butter when added to shakes or taken as a part of a snack like using peanut butter as a dip with a few slices of apple is a good and healthy choice to help you feel full for a good amount of time, curb unwanted cravings, and re-fuel you to focus on your work.
The Saffola Fittify Peanut Butter comes in different variations like Unsweetened peanut butter, Whey protein peanut butter, Omega-3 peanut butter, Vegan peanut butter, and Classic dark chocolaty peanut butter.
Plan Ahead for Success
Plan ahead of success to keep yourself going, boost your productivity towards your goal, and not give up on your goals. Taking things slowly, embracing the small changes, being flexible, thinking big, setting boundaries and priorities, and keeping your professional and personal life separate are a few tips that will help you plan big and ahead of success.
Stay Consistent and Motivated
We all know Consistency is the Key”. Having said that being consistent in your work or your routine life is super important to keep you heading towards your goal. Simultaneously make sure you are motivated enough to achieve your goals; be it your fitness goals, work goals, a goal to find a balance in your life, or any other achievement you wish to have.
Be it a nice talk, a timely reminder of your bigger plans, or a small help to push you towards your goal; keeping yourself motivated is extremely necessary.
Managing Work and Fitness can be tough at times. But finding a balance between the two is an art. With simple steps like
- Setting realistic goals
- Timely motivation
- Merging exercises with work
- Nutritional support
- Believing in yourself
Achieving this balance wouldn’t be that difficult.
Along with the classic tips and tricks, adapt to newer ways that help you achieve your Work-Fitness Balance like the Saffola Fittify the Perfekt Gummies for Daily Energy Boost and Saffola Fittify Peanut Butter.
FAQs on Work-Fitness Management
How can I find time to exercise when I have a busy work schedule?A few easy ways to find time to workout when having a busy work schedule id to keep workout schedules flexible, working-out with a friend, and incorporate fitness/ workouts at the workplace like riding to the workplace, parking your car a bit far to have a short walk to the workplace, practicing desk exercises or stretching exercises at work, a short walk after lunch, taking stairs instead of elevator or escalator, and taking 10,000 step challenge.
How can I stay motivated to prioritize work fitness management consistently?The various health benefits associated with a healthy lifestyle along with work-life benefits like weight management, stress management, better work performance, work efficiency, increased productivity, job satisfaction, employee retention, and so on are enough reasons to stay motivated to prioritize work fitness management consistently.
What are some healthy snack options for work?A few healthy snack options for work can be nuts, dried fruits, apples with peanut butter dip, veggies, Greek yogurt, berry smoothie, and meal-replacement shakes.
Are there specific exercises I can do during short breaks at work?Arm pulses, brisk walking, jogging (in the building premises), breathing exercises, yoga asanas, and stretching exercises are a few exercises that can be done during short breaks at work.